SCUPE is pleased to announce the first in its 2013 series of Continuing Education workshops: the Art of Gospel Entrepreneurship. The workshop will take place over the course of two days, February 21-22, in downtown Chicago at Grace Place Episcopal Church. The workshop will bring together expert practitioners, church leaders, and private sector innovators to explore the intersection between the Gospel of the church and the innovation of business.
Key themes addressed throughout the two days will be:
- How can the church think courageously about, and stay focused on its mission?
- How can we build powerful relationships that can deliver results?
- How can we effectively communicate, including using social media?
- How can we become comfortable talking about money in church and raise lots of it?
- How can we learn about best practices and sharpen our tools of entrepreneurship?
- How can we train our church members to be more effective in their ministry?
- Eboo Patel – Founder and Director, Interfaith Youth Core
- David Abrahamson – Pastor, St. Luke’s Lutheran Church
- John Davidoff – Chairman, Davidoff Communications
- M. Hill Hammock – Chairman, Chicago Deferred Exchange Company
- Tanesha Pittman – Executive Director, Women’s Institute for Global Leadership, Benedictine University
- Nike Whitcomb – Nike B. Whitcomb Associates, Inc. (Consultants to non-profits in fundraising, public relations and marketing)
Workshop Dates: February 21-22, 2013
Location: Grace Place Episcopal Church, 637 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605
Time: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm both days
Workshop Fee: $200* (or $100 student rate**)
*Workshop Fee includes registration, materials, and breakfast & lunch for both days.
**Student rate Includes: students registered at SCUPE and at ATS accredited seminaries.